Drug & Alcohol Screening Services
Drug Screens are Walk-In Only
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before closing time (This is if you do not need any other services and only need a drug-screen).
- Please come prepared. Drink plenty of water before your collection, but not too much as dilute samples will require a re-test.
- Be aware that NO CHILDREN are allowed in the drug testing area. Due to the regulated drug testing process, children cannot go into the drug testing bathrooms with you and cannot be left unsupervised in the waiting room.
When you are checked-in for your drug screen, you will be taken into the clinic as soon as time permits.
Once there, you have up to three hours to produce a specimen. If you arrive unable to provide a sample, you will be given up to four glasses of water and 3 hours to provide the sample. If you do not produce an ample quantity of specimen or if your specimen is outside of the temperature range of the human body, you will be asked to try again and given up to four more glasses of water. If you do not produce a viable sample and leave before the 3-hour window, this will be considered a REFUSAL TO TEST.
Randoms Management Program
(DOT and Non-DOT)
Random drug testing of your employees can help to assure they are not engaging in drug use at any time, not just the few days before they are hired. WorkFit Medical manages the pools and the random draws for employers for both DOT and Non-DOT programs.
Non-DOT Randoms Programs can be designed to meet the needs of the employer. You can determine the frequency and timing of the pulls and we will assist you in the testing and the interpretation of the results. We have a certified Medical Review Officer (MRO) to guide the team.
DOT/Federal Randoms Program – According to federal regulations, you must be enrolled in a random management program if you have drivers driving vehicles over 26,001 pounds. WorkFit Medical manages the pools and pulls for the testing program, and provides the required reports to employers.
WorkFit will request an updated driver roster before the start of every quarter (January, April, July, and October). Employers will receive a list of employees selected randomly from the pool to be tested. Employers are given guidance on best practice for notifying employees – as well as regulatory requirements.
Information for the Randoms Management Program
- If you have a limited number of drivers, you will be added to a large consortium pool.
- If you have over 20 drivers, or by request, you may have your own standalone pool.
- You will receive a selection of drivers within the first two weeks of each quarter. You have up until the last day of that quarter to send the driver into any of our WorkFit locations to get the testing done. Please use an authorization form and/or send them in with the random selection letter.
- Drivers will either be selected for drug screening, or for both drug screening and breath alcohol testing. This is randomly generated by the computer software.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are in a consortium, you may or may not have any drivers selected throughout the entire year, but you are still enrolled in a Randoms Program and are in compliance with the federal government requirements.
- WorkFit will provide you with an MIS (Management Information System) Report by March 15th for the prior year – this documents the testing records showing your compliance for the year.
If your drivers operate in or through the Rochester or Albany, NY areas, rely on WorkFit Medical for drug and alcohol screening. Please see our downloadable forms below to get started. Contact us for more information.
Looking to make a payment?
Sign into our payment system to easily pay WorkFit Medical bills.